We are looking for the following forms of assistance:
- We need help in putting together a database engine for this web site.
We want to allow searches of our setlist database with various cross-references
so that visitors could search for all Dark Stars played on a Thursday in
California that are rated better than average (or whatever). Any suggestions
for canned database engines, or assistance in developing one would be most
- Reviews - we hope to have published commentary on a thousand Dead concerts
in our various editions. If you would like to contribute your recollections
on a live experience, or comments and opinion on a tape not yet covered,
please contact John. For our next edition, DeadBase XI, we hope
to cover every show in 1977 and 1987 with live reviews.
- Research - for those of you with access to news archives (library microfilm,
etc.), old newspaper articles on, and advertisements for the Dead are or
great interest to us.
- Ticket Stubs - if you have old or interesting Dead ticket stubs, we
would love to see them. If you can't bear to part with or loan the actual
stub, a clean scan, photocopy, or photograph will do.
- Technical Assistance - There are countless aspects to producing DeadBase:
programming, layout, scanning, editorial, anylitical, statistical, surveys.
Our venture into the world of the web opens up many new issues. I feel
much more a Jack of all trades than a Renaissance man and welcome constructive
assistance wherever appropriate.
- Ettiquette - we need suggestions for our taping ettiquette page
Hey Now... (incoming
Way To Go Home